It is recommended that you try restarting your PC to see if encountering the X3daudio1_7.dll file can be easily fixed. If not, then maybe you need to dig into this error in detail, from what it is to how to resolve the x3daudio1_7 missing from Windows 10. In a broad sense, you may be thinking of downloading the x3daudio1_7.dll file online.
Let’s move on to get more relevant information about the x3daudio1_7.dll file.
What is x3daudio1_7.dll?
It is one of the DLL files. DLL is short for Dynamic Library Link. And each DLL is designed to perform a specific task in Windows 10, such as MSVCR110.dll and Xinput1_3.dll. The x3daudio1_7.dll is no exception.
To be more specific, the x3daudio1_7.dll file is closely related to DirectX in Windows 10. This means that you will need this file if you want to run it in Windows 10.
Under these circumstances, for users who come across the x3daudio1_7.dll file was not available in Windows 10, you can try to download x3daudio1_7.dll or install Microsoft’s DirectX package.
How to fix X3daudio1_7.dll not found Windows 10?
Now it is up to you to choose to download the new DirectX to your PC or simply download the x3daudio1_7.dll file online. And then to free yourself from file corruption, you can take advantage of the System File Checker to search for all files in Windows 10, including the x3daudio1_7.dll file.
Solution 1: Download X3daudio1_7.dll
Now that the program cannot start because the X3daudio1_7.dll file is missing from your computer, the first thing you can do is download this DLL file with a reliable and professional tool. DLL-Files Client can be the most suitable and efficient helper for you to download the X3Daudio1_7.dll file for Fallout 4 or any other program.
- Download DLL files in Windows 10.
- After installing and running it quickly, try searching for the dll file in the search box and then start Searching for the DLL file .
- Next, in the search result, locate X3daudio1_7.dll .
- Here, in fact, many other X3daudio DLL files will appear from the search result, such as X3daudio1_0.dll, X3daudio1_1.dll, X3daudio1_2.dll, and X3daudio1_3.dll.
- After that, find the correct dll compatible with your Windows 10 system edition and then install it .
Here you can see that this PC is on Windows 10 Education, 64-bit, so choose X3DAudio1_7.dll on Windows 10 64-bit.
Of course, you should download X3DAudio1_7.dll according to your Windows system version, which can be automatically detected by DLL-FILES Client.
The time you installed this DLL file, it is natural that the missing Windows 10 X3DAudio1_7.dll will repair itself. You can try starting Fallout 4 to see if it can run as usual without being prompted with the error that the file X3daudio1_7.dll is missing from the computer.
Solution 2: update the DirectX package in Windows 10
Since x3daudio1_7.dll is one of the DirectX components in Windows 10, if you feel like fixing this x3daudio1_7.dll was not found file, you’d better decide to download a new DirectX from Microsoft.
In this regard, the x3daudio1_7.dll will go back to Windows 10 and help you run some games normally.
- Go to the official Microsoft site to download the DirectX package.
- Then double click on your desktop to create a new folder and rename it to DirectX .
- Open the DirectX package you just got online.
- Here you will be prompted to accept the license, press Yes to approve it.
- Then, in Enter the location where you want to put the extracted file , select Browser and then choose the DirectX folder you just created.
In this step, you will have downloaded and installed the DirectX package together with the x3daudio1_7.dll file successfully on Windows 10. And the new DirectX will replace all the files, which includes the x3daudio1_7.dll file. So if this DLL file is corrupted or damaged, a new one will also be installed. There will be no more x3daudio1_7.dll not found error.
Try starting your game to see if you can open and run it as usual.
Solution 3: Copy the X3daudio1_7 file from another PC
If downloading X3daudio1_7.dll for Windows 10 cannot help fix the DLL file missing error, maybe you can manage to copy this file from another well-working computer and then paste it on your computer that you find X3daudio1_7.dll not found.
In this process, a USB flash drive may be required. Or you can use any other way to copy the X3daudio1_7.dll file.
- On the PC without X3DAudio1_7.dll error, open File Explorer and then go to C: Windows System32 .
- And then locate the dll file and right click to Copy this DLL file in Windows 10.
- On your PC with unresolved X3DAudio1_7.dll, go to File Explorer then C: Windows System32 folder as well.
- Then right click to paste the copied dll into the System32 folder .
Launch Fallout 4, Skyrim, or any other program that you come across with missing X3DAudio1_7.dll on Windows 10. Your game will likely work perfectly.
Solution 4: Uninstall and reinstall the problematic app
Or, in some cases, you will just find that X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from Windows 10 exclusively in some special applications, such as Fallout 4, Skyrim, etc. On that occasion, it makes sense that the culprit is in the software itself. So you may also decide to remove this application if the program cannot start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is still missing from your computer, please try reinstalling this application to fix this problem.
- Open the Control Panel .
- In the Control Panel, choose View by Category and then find Uninstall a program under Programs .
- In the Programs and Features window , swipe down to locate and then right-click the application to uninstall it from Windows 10.
If necessary, restart your PC.
So you’re supposed to reinstall Fallout 4 or other apps and run them to check if they can’t find the X3DAudio1_7 DLL file.
Solution 5: Run the System File Checker
In case there is some damage to the X3daudio1_7.dll file, you’d better use the System File Checker to detect the condition of the file in Windows 10.
- Type Command Prompt in the search box, and then right-click the best-matching result for Run as administrator .
- At the command prompt, enter sfc / scannow and then press Enter to run SFC.
System File Checker will start looking for files and if there are damaged files it will try to fix them. Hope it can be helpful when your X3daudio1_7.dll file was not found in Windows 10.
Simply put, DLL files are essential for some programs in Windows 10, so it is advisable that you fix it. As for the missing x3daudio1_7.dll file, you can try to recover it by updating DirectX or directly downloading x3daudio1_7.dll.